Stem cell and Cellular therapy Centre
A stem cell is a cell that has the unique ability to develop into various specialized cells in the body. Hence, they are used to replace damaged/ diseased cells and tissues in the body. Haematopoietic stem cells ate used widely to treat disorders of the blood and bone marrow.
Donating stem cells
Stem cells are classified depending on their origin as:
HLA matching :
- HLA matching is an important factor for allogeneic stem cell donation.
- People who join a volunteer donor registry will most likely have their HLA tissue type kept on file until they reach age 60 years.
- If a possible stem cell donor is found to be a good match for a recipient, steps are taken to teach the donor about the transplant process and make sure he or she is making an informed decision.
- The donation is always voluntary and always received after taking the donor’s consent.
- Donor’s overall health and wellbeing are checked prior to stem cell donation.
Facilities available at our Stem cell Centre :
- Stem cell collecting and cryo-preservation of in-house collections for up to 10 years.
- Stem cell cryopreservation of stem cells from other centers
- Cell reduction- TCR-alpha, beta cells, CD 19 cells using CLINIMACS system
- Extracorporeal Photopheresis in case of chronic Graft versus Host disease, solid organ rejection, Cutaneous T cell lymphoma
- Donor lymphocyte collections and infusions for graft rejections
- Product modifications: Plasma reduction and red cell reduction, stem cell washing