The stage of the cancer is based on Tumour (size and location), Nodal involvement and, if so, how many, and Metastasis (extent of spread)
- Locally advanced cancer -prostate and adjacent tissue
- Metastatic Prostate cancer - spreads to the other organs of the body.
Prostate Cancer is staged depending on the TNM, PSA and the biopsy report as Localised Cancer - limited to the prostate.
Prostate screening tests include:
- Digital rectal examination and PSA Test. PSA testing combined with DRE helps identify prostate cancers at their earliest stages.
- You can reduce your risk of prostate cancer if you: Eat a healthy, high-fibre diet
- Exercise improves your overall health, helps you maintain your weight and improves your mood.
- Quit Smoking